Rural Insurance is still growing & have an opportunity available for a Motor Underwriter to be based out of our modern Head Offices in Harrogate, North Yorkshire
The opportunity is permanent position with a competitive starting salary depending on experience.
Plus an excellent benefits package including contributory company pension, private medical, life assurance and more, as well as onsite parking and a train station 5 minutes walk from the office. Our offices are newly refurbished and boast a vibrant look and feel. On top of this our underwriting teams have a strong work ethic with a clear focus on our USP… our excellent customer service.
At Rural we are looking for a Motor Underwriter with experience preferably in the agricultural industry, however commercial insurance experience would be welcomed.
Training and development will be provided however we are ideally looking for candidates to already have a solid background of no less than 2-3 years relevant experience.
Key responsibilities as a Motor Underwriter include
- To strive for maximum efficiency, development and profitability
- Identify & triage of new business enquiries meeting the company’s appetite
- Identify and seek out additional key risk information required to adequately underwrite and price risks
- Underwriting of new, existing business in accordance with the company’s underwriting strategy and Underwriting Guide
- Underwriting policy amendments
- Resolution of queries from clients, other team members etc
- Resolution of accounts queries
- Identify own training needs and communicate requirements to line manager
- Work in accordance with personal Underwriting Licence
Requirements of a Motor Underwriter include:
- Previous motor commercial underwriting experience
- Awareness and understanding of Compliance rules
- Awareness and understanding of the FCA Rules and how to comply with them
- Application of underwriting skill and judgment
- A working knowledge of market wordings and products.
- A working knowledge of the law as it relates to insurance
- A good understanding of the broker environment and broker relationships
- Agricultural /commercial underwriting experience, or experience of dealing with agricultural/commercial products in a broking environment
- Ability to write in plain English and avoid unnecessary use of jargon
- An ability to understand and anticipate customer needs
- An ability to work accurately and consistently
- A high level of numeracy
- An ability to gain maximum benefit from strong negotiation skills
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Customer Focus
- Developing Self and others, deoending on experience
Come and join our award winning company, This is an exciting role which will provide a wealth of experience for the right candidate and help you develop a long term rewarding career within our business. Don’t Delay Apply Today!