Fantastic opportunity for an Administrator looking to develop and broaden existing experience. Following the creation of Rural and Commercial Holdings Limited as a holding business for Rural Insurance Group Limited and One Commercial Limited, we have created a centralised Risk and Compliance team and are looking for an experienced Administrator to join our team.
The role of the Administrator is to assist the Head of Risk and Compliance to proactively manage and ensure that the business and its clients trade in a fully compliant manner without exposure to regulatory complaint or censure.
This exciting role as an Administrator is based out of our modern Head Office in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. It is a permanent position and will suit someone looking to build on existing experience, perhaps looking for a new challenge. Depending on experience we are offering a competitive starting salary - Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm.
We also have free onsite parking and a train station which is just 5 minutes’ walk from the office, with a direct train route covering Leeds, Burley Park, Headingly, Horsforth and Pannal. Our offices are newly refurbished and boast a vibrant look and feel, with an open plan design. Situated perfectly within the Hornbeam Business Park in Harrogate, offering vast eatery options and just 10 minutes’ drive from Harrogate City Centre.
Key responsibilities as an Administrator include:
- Creates agendas, drafts reports and takes meeting notes;
- Draft, format, and print relevant documents including Board packs;
- Use a variety of software packages (including Excel, Access and PowerPoint) to input and manage data and produce documents and presentations;
- Use IT systems to maintain and update internal databases;
- Manipulate statistical data e.g. spreadsheets;
- Plan and arrange training for staff members:
- Making phone calls to colleagues to chase reports from departments;
- Sending emails using outlook;
- Photocopies and files appropriate documents as needed;
- Office administration duties including a variety of tasks to support the Team Managers;
- Administration of small projects under direction of the project lead;
- To review and collate information as necessary;
- Read and analyze documents and identify issues;
- Proof read documents to ensure they read correctly;
- To provide administrative support to the Head of Group Risk and Compliance.
Desired Experience & Skills
- You’ll need a good telephone manner and some experience of doing phone-based work
- Prior office experience preferred;
- Work accurately with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills;
- Technical Skills, Including proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs;
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information;
- Strong record keeping skills;
- Presentation skills;
- Ability to multitask;
- Willing to take on new duties and help other teams when required.